We expressly encourage the submission of unsolicited pieces that engage with contemporary or historical aspects of Kerala society. Submissions can be in English or Malayalam.
- Ala accepts submissions in English or in Malayalam.
- Submissions are to be sent via email to email@example.com, with the title of the submission in the subject line. Please also send a brief author-bio.
- We are looking for articles of about 1000-1500 words, ideally with a photo or illustration to go with it.
- We may not respond to all submission emails. Submissions will be vetted by the editorial team before a decision is made.
- Submissions previously published elsewhere may be allowed for socially and politically relevant materials, along with appropriate attribution and a link to the original.
- Authors must exercise due caution to avoid plagiarism. When reusing text, whether from the author’s own publication or that of others, ensure appropriate attribution and citation. Any allegations of plagiarism or self-plagiarism will be investigated by the editors and appropriate action will be taken.
- We are only open to finished drafts with the requisite images/video/audio inputs. Incomplete pieces or social media re-postings will not be published.
- The editorial team welcomes queries regarding potential article topics.
- Please provide a summary description for finished video/audio projects. YouTube/Vimeo links are acceptable.
Image credit: Harikrishnan S.