We expressly encourage the submission of unsolicited pieces that engage with contemporary or historical aspects of Kerala society. Submissions can be in English or Malayalam.
- Ala accepts submissions in English or in Malayalam.
- We are looking for articles of about 1000 words, ideally with a photo or illustration to go with it.
- All submission emails may not be responded to. Submissions will be vetted by the editorial team before decision on publication is made
- Submissions previously published elsewhere may be allowed for socially and politically relevant materials, along with a note and a link to the original.
- Author’s must exercise due caution to avoid plagiarism. When reusing text, whether from the author’s own publication or that of others, appropriate attribution and citation is necessary to avoid creating a misleading perception of unique contribution for the reader. Any allegations of plagiarism or self-plagiarism will be investigated by the editors and appropriate action will be taken.
- Open to finished drafts only. However, editorial team entertains queries regarding potential posts.
- Incomplete pieces or social media re-postings won’t be published.
- Complete submissions with images/video/audio inputs will be entertained.
- Documentaries/finished video/audio projects with YouTube/Vimeo link will be accepted with a summary description.
- Submissions are to be sent via email to email@example.com, with the title of the submission in the subject line. Please also send a brief author-bio.